CUSTOM-DESIGNED FOR MEMORY CARE
San Gabriel’s purpose-designed and built facility was developed specifically to enhance the quality of life for residents from the inside out. Our custom designed residence:
- Utilizes small, separated activity areas to reduce commotion during daily programs.
- Maximizes the health effects of natural light, which enhance and promote positive moods during the day and delay the effects of the evening-related dementia disorder known as Sundowners Syndrome.
- Facilitates independent movement and circulation by eliminating impediments like “dead-end” hallways which can cause frustration.
- Features secure “al fresco” spaces which enable safe, self-directed exploration and enjoyment of the outdoors without the feeling of restriction.
- Shields the comings and goings of loved ones to minimize the frustration of residents who
may want to follow but cannot.
- A community activity kitchen
- Three congregation areas to keep programmed gatherings intimate
- Two lounge areas for private, friends and family get-togethers
- A cheerfully landscaped outdoor patio and garden area
Each apartment within a neighborhood features:
- Approximately 346 square feet of living space
- Private living room/bedroom
- Separate, private bathroom, outfitted with assistance features like grab bars
- Large closet
- Individual thermostat for heating/cooling control